[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Maximum Meetme size?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 06:36:49 MST 2005

In article <434E5134.6030409 at alphaque.com>,
Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque.com> wrote:

> On 10/13/05 20:01 Steve Totaro said the following:
> > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+dimensioning might help.

Thanks - there's a lot more info there now than when I last looked.

> which shows up to 28-30 simultaneous participants on aged hardware, which
> in theory would mean at least double that on a modern day P4 1.8Ghz.

Indeed. And the box I'm having trouble with is a dual-Xeon! I have made
other mods to MeetMe in order to fix a separate issue - it's possible that
I have caused unintended side-effects. I'll revert and test incrementally.

> On 10/13/05 20:01 Tony Mountifield said the following:
> >
> >>I've been doing some tests with larger conferences in MeetMe, using VoIP
> >>channels, and have found that the audio starts to degrade after around
> >>10 participants, and becomes unintelligible before reaching 20
>
> i've never actually pushed meetme beyond 5 participants, however the
> astricon meetme conferences definitely have more than 20 people on at any
> one time, so it's been done at the very least.

Yes, I'm sure something specific to my system is wrong to degrade so soon.

Oh well, diving into the code again ;-)

Thanks to those who responded.

Cheers
Tony