[Asterisk-Dev] Maximum Meetme size?

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Thu Oct 13 05:21:08 MST 2005

On 10/13/05 20:01 Steve Totaro said the following:
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+dimensioning might help.

which shows up to 28-30 simultaneous participants on aged hardware, which
in theory would mean at least double that on a modern day P4 1.8Ghz.

On 10/13/05 20:01 Tony Mountifield said the following:

>>I've been doing some tests with larger conferences in MeetMe, using VoIP
>>channels, and have found that the audio starts to degrade after around
>>10 participants, and becomes unintelligible before reaching 20

i've never actually pushed meetme beyond 5 participants, however the
astricon meetme conferences definitely have more than 20 people on at any
one time, so it's been done at the very least.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/