[Asterisk-Dev] New app: app_page comments

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Wed Oct 12 22:27:57 MST 2005

Thanks for the new app, Mark!  This beats the heck out of that ugly
shell script I wrote a while back that used spooled calls.

I'll put this in the bugtracker shortly, but would anyone else find
it useful to have an option which allowed the paged extensions to be
added with microphones turned _on_?  I actually found more use for
this than you might think - I typically would use it as a "hoot n
holler" interface to the entire office.  After hours, this is very
useful to find the last person in the office to power-cycle a machine
or whatever - instead of paging the office, and then waiting for a
callback one can just shout into the phone and wait for someone to
answer off in the distance.  As long as none of the phones are right
next to each other, feedback didn't occur (with 7960 phones, at
least.)

It appears that this would be an easy change to the options that are
fed to MeetMe.  I tried to think of ways or reasons that individual
mute/umute options could be specified for each line added, but there
was no clean way to specify that within the command other than using
some type of prefix modifier in front of each channel identifier, so
I won't ask for anything that fancy.  :-)

PS, for Mark/Matt: yes, yes, yes - I'm trying Matt's PRI patches now,
but I just _had_ to say something about this before I forget.

JT