[Asterisk-Dev] 'memory leak' in chan_phone.c

Guilherme Marshall marshall at digitel.com.br
Mon Oct 10 12:44:00 MST 2005

Hi there all...

I have been facing for quite a long time a constant increase on
asterisk's used memory. My tests have shown that each call (using
chan_phone) allocates 7 or 8 data/stack memory pages (28~32 KBytes)
which are not deallocated when call ends. The result of this leakage was
several 'out of memory' kernel messages.... up to the process dead.
As I could see, the problem was a thread created dinamically in
chan_phone, which was not set be 'detached'. The changes I've done
seemed to work fine.... (at least my system continues to make/receive
calls and the memory comsumption is limited! :-D).

If the community appretiate to receive this patch, pls let me know.

Regards,
Marshall.