[Asterisk-Dev] app_voicemail.c rework on static void vm_change_password(struct ast_vm_user *vmu, const char *newpassword)

Michael Anderson michael.l.anderson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 08:18:43 MST 2005

On 10/5/05, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> Sorry for being so pedantic, but:
>
> On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 06:02:27PM -0700, Michael Anderson wrote:
> > I had a problem with password changes not being saved to the
> > voicemail.conf file and traced it to some issues with the
> > vm_change_password function in app_voicemail.c.  Comments were not
> > properly being ignored and if they contained '[' ']' characters could
> > change the currentcontext variable causing the test to fail at line
> > 690.
>
> Any way to avoid replicating code from pbx/pbx_config.c (right file?) ?

To tell the truth I just dealt with the problem we found in the one
function.  Obviously there is already a good parsing engine with the
ability to write to the config files. I assume the password change was
done as is because the voicemail.conf changes are small and we don't
want to rejoin included files just for a password change.

> Also:
>
> > -     while (!feof(configin)) {
> > +  while (!feof(configin)) {
>
> White space damage: it was originally indented with a tab. In your patch
> the only change is that it is indented with two spaces. Strangely
> enough, the rest of your patch is indented with tabs as most of the
> Asterisk code is.

My bad, should have seen that.