[Asterisk-Dev] Zap OK?

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Tue Oct 4 13:42:37 MST 2005

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Dinesh Nair wrote:

> On 10/04/05 22:39 Steven said the following:
> > What was wrong with the suggestions you received in this thread?
> >
> > http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2005-September/015523.html
>
> how exactly does one use TestServer and TestClient anyways ?

Here's what I do:

In my extensions.conf on the server side:

; testing
exten => 8787,1,Answer
exten => 8787,n,Testserver

Then on the client machine:

; testing
exten => 8782,1,Answer
exten => 8782,n,Testclient(testa)

Then on the client machine, I use this little shell script:

====================================
$ cat maketest.sh
#! /bin/bash
#

cat <<EOD >/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing.temp/test-$$
Channel: Zap/g1/8787
MaxRetries: 0
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 30

Context: default
Extension: 8782

EOD
mv /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing.temp/test-$$ /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/
echo Made call test-$$ >&2

This script triggers an outgoing call to the server being tested, then
starts the Testclient on our side.  The client and server do their thing
and leave a log on both sides.

Hope that helps,
Steve