[Asterisk-dev] goiax expanded with free us domestic calling

Mark Aiken aiken.mark at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 12:54:06 MST 2005

One thing that really puzzles me is why people keep inventing new call
control protocols now that SIP has proven itself and has been adopted by all
the major carriers and 3GPP. Skype was a hit because it solved one the major
weakness of SIP - NAT traversal. That problem is quickly going away and
Skype's value is now its user base as a P2P network. What does IAX bring to
the table? Why bother with Yet Another Call Control Protocol.
 Mark