[Asterisk-dev] goiax expanded with free us domestic calling

Matthew Simpson matthew at txlink.net
Sun Oct 2 09:09:14 MST 2005

 >> I launched www.goiax.com last week, which is intended to promote the
 >>use
 >> of IAX as a free and open source alternative to products like skype.
 >> There is no charge for the service.  Right now I have free outbound >>to
 >> united states toll-free and us domestic numbers working.

 >While I appreciate your efforts to evangelicize Asterisk (not that I am
 >anybody in particular), please... this post has *nothing* to do with
 >Asterisk
 >development at all.  Why did you post here?

Uh... did you miss the last paragraph that talks about adding some IAX
scalability features to * and asking for developer input?  :boggle:

Just in case you did, here it is again:

"I intend to also modify asterisk to allow some QoS checking to avoid
the problems IaxTel had with scalability.  I would like some developer
input on this.  My idea right now is to add an app to asterisk that
listens on a port for a status packet that will be sent from a softphone
or IAX-compatible device.  Asterisk would then reply with a packet that
would contain current CPU load, current mem load, and number of channels
up at that point.  I would also like to have the asterisk app know the
status of other IAX servers on that "network" and be able to reply with
the IP address of the "best" available server at that time."

yours,
Matthew