[Asterisk-Dev] Require Help in Detection of Human Voice or Answering machine on Called telephone number

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Fri Nov 25 09:47:26 MST 2005

Matt Riddell wrote:

>Muhammad Asim Sajjad wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>i am very thankfull to you on this helping material but i require more
>>help in this regard.
>>My problem is that i want to know how can i detect that the Human of
>>Answering machine is connected with my called phone number.
>>

>BackgroundDetect or MachineDetect - really a *-users question though.

BackgroundDetect plays a message while listening for DTMF, so that's not
what he wants.

MachineDetect waits for silence, but doesn't really differentiate between live and recorded voice, so that's not what he wants.

Differentiating between live and recorded voice is a very hard problem, possibly impractical. Nobody has yet succeeded in producing a meaningful version of such a function. This is most definitely a developer issue, but probably not one that will result in an effective solution.

Regards,
Steve