[Asterisk-Dev] Action item :: Check if your patch is up to date!

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Nov 22 10:43:24 MST 2005

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> If you have a patch that is "patch-on-hold" for post-1.2 in the bug
> tracker, now is a good time to make sure that your patch
>
> * is up to date with the current CVS head
> * is documented with comments, doxygen if needed and sample configs
> * is formatted according to current coding guidelines
>
> If your patch is not up to date, please update and upload a new patch.
> If it is up to date, please add a comment in the bug tracker that states
> this.
>
> Also, please bear with us. As the committers move along and start
> committing patches to 1.3, your patch may be made obsolete and in need
> of yet another update because of a collission with another patch. Stand
> alert and be ready ;-)
>
> Kevin should have the new versioning system - Subversion - up and
> running within a week. To learn more about how to use and work with
> Subversion, visit http://svnbook.red-bean.com/ . You have plenty of time
> during thanksgiving to read that book!
>
> Thank you all for contributing to Asterisk 1.2. Now let's move ahead and
> get the ball rolling with Asterisk 1.3!

The following bugs are minor tweaks that can have some positive
performance improvement, and we can close three bugs to boot. I'm going to
have to hold off on the Zaptel init updates until I get feedback from more
developers.

#5785 - [patch] RedHat / Debian Init Script Updates for 1.2

	Last Update: The following included patch contains minor tweaks to
	the contributed rc.debian.asterisk and rc.redhat.asterisk init
	scripts.

#5708 - init asterisk script bug

	Last Update: Per Kevin's suggestion and some additional feedback
	that I have gotten along the way, and as a result of the
	discussion in this bug note, I have submitted
	http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5785 [^] which is an update to
	the Debian and RedHat init scripts that should alleviate this
	issue on x86_64 boxes. I would suggest that this bug note is ready
	to be closed, pending review and submit of the changes in 5785.

#5786 - [patch] Remove outdated redhat/asterisk script

	Last Update: This patch simply removes the redhat/asterisk init
	file and patches the Makefile to include the more current and
	updated one included in contrib/init.d/rc.redhat.asterisk.

                             KP-216-121-ST