[Asterisk-Dev] FYI: Internet-Draft for IAX: Inter-Asterisk eXchange Version 2

Rod Dorman rodd at polylogics.com
Mon Nov 21 17:19:41 MST 2005

No one else has pointed this out yet so I'll do it :-)

        Title           : IAX: Inter-Asterisk eXchange Version 2
        Author(s)       : B. Capouch, et al.
        Filename        : draft-guy-iax-00.txt
        Pages           : 90
        Date            : 2005-11-21

   This document describes the Inter-Asterisk eXchange protocol, Version
   2, an application-layer control and media protocol for creating,
   modifying, and terminating streaming media sessions over Internet
   Protocol (IP) networks.  IAX is targeted primarily at the control of
   Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) calls, but can be used with
   streaming video or any other type of streaming media.

   IAX is an "all in one" protocol for handling streaming media in
   Internet Protocol (IP) networks.  Specification of both control and
   media services in the same protocol decreases bandwidth usage and
   allows native support for Network Address Translation (NAT)
   transparency.  These characteristics make IAX well suited for
   Internet telephony.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guy-iax-00.txt

--
rodd at polylogics.com     "Outlook not so good." That magic 8-ball knows
Rod Dorman               everything! I'll ask about Exchange Server next.