[Asterisk-Dev] Install destination on Solaris

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Nov 18 03:52:31 MST 2005

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 04:28:31PM -0800, Stephen Uhler wrote:

> These are the "official" locations on Solaris, for a package named "asterisk".
> This has been the standard (on Solaris) for at least a decade.  I believe
> that Asterisk should comply with platform conventions where practical, and
> this is one of those times.

IMHO this is yet another reason to put it in /usr/local: so it won't
collide with the official package, when such a package will finally be
made.

However note that on Linux asterisk does get installed to /usr and will
happily "fight" with the copy from the package.

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com