[Asterisk-Dev] Handling AST_FORMAT_SLINEAR at 48000Hz

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Nov 17 07:23:22 MST 2005

On Thursday 17 November 2005 02:40, voipwala hindustani wrote:
> If I need to add the functionality to handle some sampling rate other
> than 8000Hz, what are the things I need to change in asterisk. At the
> end I can submit my code chanegs to Asterisk itself.

Understand that 8000Hz is the core sampling rate of the entire engine,
and there are some fairly major changes you will have to make to get
Asterisk to understand any other sampling rate.  That said, some of that
work may happen in next 3 months, as we work on getting wideband codec
support into Asterisk.

--
Tilghman