[Asterisk-Dev] Handling AST_FORMAT_SLINEAR at 48000Hz

voipwala hindustani voipwala at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 01:40:13 MST 2005

Hi kevin,
Thanks for your response.

If I need to add the functionality to handle some sampling rate other than
8000Hz, what are the things I need to change in asterisk. At the end I can
submit my code chanegs to Asterisk itself.

Or are there any other libraries which can convert linear data with sampling
rate 48000 to 8000 Hz. I did do googling but didnt get any good references.

With your next point I need to clarify my question, what I meant by the
following lines is,

>> is there any other way to send my AFMT_S16_LE at 48KHz over ulaw from
>> asterisk ?

>Not at this time. The receiving device wouldn't know what to do with it
>anyway, if you are using a standard SIP phone.

is there a way to convert my AFMT_S16_LE (at 48KHz) --- > to ulaw ---- and
then send this ulaw to the sip phone . In this case the standard sip phone
can understand ulaw. But how do I do my conversion in Asterisk ?

Thanks,
voipwala