[Asterisk-Dev] Call Admission control

Mohamed A. Gombolaty mgombolaty at noorgroup.net
Wed Nov 16 05:51:01 MST 2005

Dear All,

Sorry I am newbie in this forum but I wanted to check out if someday we can
see Asterisk perform CAC on contexts and limit the number of concurrent
calls a context can make to another context, I can see it performed on iax
and zap trunks but with my working scenario I really need to have such an
implementation in order to ensure the quality of the calls between
different sites, here is a scenario I am having :

   * I am having 1 Asterisk Server
   * I have phones in 3 locations
   * Each Location are using a different extensions.conf context to
     seperate the dialing.

I tried reaching out to the users list but it seems we can limit the
incoming but the outgoing is not in reach of limiting, do u have any ideas
or suggestions?

Thx
MAG