[Asterisk-Dev] chan_exosip2

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Nov 14 12:29:02 MST 2005

Kevin Hanson wrote:
> Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>
>>> Does full support of presence also require a new architecture?  I need
>>> presence to work without having to set call-limit=1.
>>>

>> Depends on what you mean with presence... User presence requires a new
>> architecture. Extension/device presence exists today.
>>
>> /O
>>

> I am referring to extension/device presence.   From Josh's voip-forum.com:
I didn't that Josh had kidnapped my site and domain ;-)

> "Asterisk 1.2 will have support for SIMPLE notifications of device
> presence. We will show if a phone is on a call, if it's ringing or if
> it's off line (not registered)."
>
> From what I understand, this only works if call-limit is set to 1 for
> the devices in sip.conf.  This has the nasty side affect of not allowing
> that device to have call waiting, attended transfer etc.
This only works if you have a call limit, but you can set it to 10 if you
want to. However, we will not force busy if we are still able to call
the phone.

> Is removing the call-limit requirement require a new architecture?  I
> would like to see this happen and am trying to understand the big
> picture effort-wise so I can post an appropriate bounty, do it myself,
> hire someone, etc.
Since I developed this part of chan_sip, I am interested in what it is
that does not work if you set the call limit to 10. I might be missing
something here that we need to fix. Maybe a force-busy-on-call-limit=1
setting that does not enforce the actual call limit that could be set to
a higher value.

/O