[Asterisk-Dev] chan_exosip2

Kevin Hanson tuxpert at comcast.net
Mon Nov 14 10:51:04 MST 2005

Olle E. Johansson wrote:

>>Does full support of presence also require a new architecture?  I need
>>presence to work without having to set call-limit=1.
>>

>Depends on what you mean with presence... User presence requires a new
>architecture. Extension/device presence exists today.
>
>/O

I am referring to extension/device presence.   From Josh's voip-forum.com:

"Asterisk 1.2 will have support for SIMPLE notifications of device
presence. We will show if a phone is on a call, if it's ringing or if
it's off line (not registered)."

 From what I understand, this only works if call-limit is set to 1 for
the devices in sip.conf.  This has the nasty side affect of not allowing
that device to have call waiting, attended transfer etc.

Is removing the call-limit requirement require a new architecture?  I
would like to see this happen and am trying to understand the big
picture effort-wise so I can post an appropriate bounty, do it myself,
hire someone, etc.

Cheers,
Kevin