[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk 1.2 will have support for SIMPLE notifications of device presence

harry gaillac gaillacharry at yahoo.fr
Fri Nov 11 12:45:07 MST 2005

Hello,

I 've posted many mails about IM/presence .
I read this
http://www.voip-forum.com/news.php?p=184&c=1

The Asterisk community is now working on Instant
Messaging, not being totally unaffected by the buzz
about integration of voice and messaging in the
market.

Asterisk 1.2 will have support for SIMPLE
notifications of device presence. We will show if a
phone is on a call, if it's ringing or if it's off
line (not registered). We have no support for SIMPLE
messaging outside of a call. Within a call, you can
send text with sendtext() in the dial plan to SIP
phones that supports it.

However asterisk-1.2 don't support neither IM via sip
MESSAGE nor presence according to rfc3265

Is it possible to solve this problem ?

Regards
Harry