[Asterisk-Dev] New manager API command

Stefan Reuter srt at reucon.net
Wed Nov 9 11:01:09 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 10:04 -0700, Saul Diaz wrote:
> That's was part of the question in the email.. is really more stress for
> an asterisk server put a ruby proxy or webserver in busy server?

I usually run my Asterisk servers from flash with a ramdisk.
The monitor and voicemail files are kept on a fileserver and are mounted
via NFS.
So retrieving them via the Manager API is not such a good idea as just
mounting that NFS share to another server and running the access
providers there (ruby proxy, webserver, whatever u like).
Retrieving files via Manager API would block the manager connection for
quite some time and prevent events from being delivered in that time.
You could solve this by a separate connection to asterisk - but what
does that solve?

=Stefan