[Asterisk-Dev] New manager API command

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 02:55:54 MST 2005

On 11/8/05, Saul Diaz <saul at cripiland.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> i am think in build a manager APPL for retrieve files (recordings,
> voicemails) from the asterisk through the manager API
>
> something like GETFILE <FILENAME> will be restricted to a particulars
> folders /var/spool/asterisk related... so u can get files from monitor
> or voicemail but don't compromise your server

IMO this example really isn't an asterisk specific feature. It's a way to
transfer files from one server to another. The fact that it's files in the
asterisk directory you want to transfer is really secondary. Plus as Matt
pointed out there are so many different ways to do this, and different
people will want it done differently. For example I do this using a really
simple distributed ruby proxy that gives me a remote file handle I can read
or write to. I use it to stream voicemail files from the asterisk server to
the webserver and on to end users. You could also run a chrooted ftp server
or use scp.

Chris