[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk make clean and make looping?? (Possible solution)

asterisk at ropeguru.com asterisk at ropeguru.com
Wed Nov 2 17:46:28 MST 2005

Ok, after getting some help understanding Makefile overon the gnu make
list, I along with some help from a user over there have determinesd
that the following section in the Makefile is causing the problem:

ifneq ($(wildcard .depend),)
  include .depend
Endif

If I comment out the above section, everything seems to run as it
should. I can make install, break out of it before it is finished, then
make clean and all other make commands seem to work. If I let make
install complete, asterisk starts and runs normally.

Can someone take a look at the Makefile and try to help me understand
the purpose of the above code that I commented out??

Would be greatly appreciated.

Robert Webb