[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk make clean and make looping??

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Tue Nov 1 17:13:00 MST 2005

<SNIP>

> So I installed the needed programs and then issued a
>make clean to start over. Now with the make clean, and
>even a make, I get the below which just keeps looping
>over and over:
>
> rm -f include/asterisk/version.h.tmp
> build_tools/mkdep  -pipe  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
>-Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -g  -Iinclude
>-I../include -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -O6 -march=i686
>-DZAPTEL_OPTIMIZATIONS         -fomit-frame-pointer
> acl.c aescrypt.c aeskey.c aestab.c alaw.c app.c
>asterisk.c ast_expr2.c ast_expr2f.c astmm.c autoservice.c
>callerid.c cdr.c channel.c chanvars.c cli.c config.c
>cryptostub.c db.c devicestate.c dlfcn.c dns.c dnsmgr.c
>dsp.c enum.c file.c frame.c fskmodem.c image.c
>indications.c io.c jitterbuf.c loader.c logger.c
>manager.c md5.c muted.c netsock.c pbx.c plc.c poll.c
>privacy.c rtp.c say.c sched.c slinfactory.c srv.c
>strcompat.c tdd.c term.c translate.c ulaw.c utils.c
> build_tools/make_version_h >
>include/asterisk/version.h.tmp
> if cmp -s include/asterisk/version.h.tmp
>include/asterisk/version.h ; then echo; else \
>         mv include/asterisk/version.h.tmp
> include/asterisk/version.h ; \
> fi

<SNIP>

Ok, so here is what I think I am seeing.

When looking at Makefile, I am assuming that when I issue
a "make clean", make jumps to the section "clean:". IN
looking in the Makefile, this section is at line 483 but
the section that keeps looping starts at line 459 with
"include/asterisk/version.h: FORCE".

So can someone explain why line 459 run when the "clean:"
section starts at 483?? THat is assuming I am
understanding a Makefile correctly.

Robert