[Asterisk-Dev] Patent lawyers?

Preston Garrison preston at mailblocks.com
Tue May 31 19:45:08 MST 2005

I have dealt with many many issues in the past. Usually its just a way
that they can get you to settle, and they can make some quick money.
For starters I would relax, and see what it ends up turning into.
Lawsuits take many many years to follow through, and if you have good
attorneys you could turn years into decades. Let them file the lawsuits
if you don't plan to stop doing such things. At this point most likely
they only way to make them go away is money. Once the lawsuit is filed,
that's probably when you should hire an attorney. The attorney needs to
be based in the state they sue you in. Keep in mind through the whole
process their plan is to get you to settle.

  I recently got done with a lawsuit similar to this. Luckily I had in
house counsel so it didn't cost me anything to fight it. We went on for
over a year, finally got in front of a judge advocate, who told them
they basically had no case. They settled for hardly anything. it didn't
even pay their attorney's fees. Alot less then I even would have agreed
to pay in the first place, just to make it go away.

 Preston Garrison
 direct: 877-748-4142
 fax: 310-774-3901
 cell: 623-748-4140