[Asterisk-Dev] Please help on intricacies of ast_request() and ast_call()

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon May 30 23:31:39 MST 2005

Juan Carlos Castro y Castro wrote:
> Hello all. Please be gentle with me -- I'm a novice in Asterisk/VoIP
> hacking, although not in C or Unix programming. I'm doing some hacking
> in apps/app_queue.c -- my goal is have incoming calls forwarded to
> another server (another Asterisk or SER) instead of to endpoints
> registered directly in "this" Asterisk. What should I do?
Juan,
We can either transfer an ongoing call in UP state or redirect an
incoming but unanswered call today with the transfer() dial plan
application. There are internal API:s for transfering calls as well.

What we do not want to do is create patches that makes asterisk forward
SIP packets in the SIP channel, that's something a SIP proxy does a good
job of doing - and Asterisk is not a SIP proxy.

Best regards,
/O