[Asterisk-Dev] Please help on intricacies of ast_request() and ast_call()

Juan Carlos Castro y Castro jcastro at instant.com.br
Mon May 30 15:39:36 MST 2005

Hello all. Please be gentle with me -- I'm a novice in Asterisk/VoIP
hacking, although not in C or Unix programming. I'm doing some hacking
in apps/app_queue.c -- my goal is have incoming calls forwarded to
another server (another Asterisk or SER) instead of to endpoints
registered directly in "this" Asterisk. What should I do?

- Change what is put on the members queue? (i.e.
"SIP/2027 at otherserver:otherport" instead of just "SIP/2027" -- i.e., no
hacking necessary?)
- Change the third argument of ast_request?
- Change the second argument of ast_call?
- The last two combined?

Thanks for listening,
Juan