[Asterisk-Dev] Voicemail and silence detection

Brent Priddy toopriddy at gmail.com
Mon May 30 20:23:02 MST 2005

> After giving up trying to get the X100P cards to detect hangup I'm now
> relying on silence detection in voicemail to hangup the call.

I almost did the same, but found that the battery level where I am is
a bit higher than normal, I guess because I am really close to BFE and
they are bumping the signal up right before me ;)

I have a FXO module in a TDM400P (ok so yes I did give up on the
X100P), and used some commented out debugging to find my battery
threshold, if you have one, then you could do the following

Try changing the "battthresh"  when you install the module for the
tdm400P. I had to set mine up to 4

/sbin/modprobe wctdm battthresh=4

#if 1 the following code in wctdm.c

#if 0
        {
                static int count = 0;

                if (!(count++ % 100)) {
                        printk("Card %d: Voltage: %d  Debounce %d\n", card + 1,
                               b, wc->mod.fxo.battdebounce[card]);
                }
        }
#endif

and see what your battery threshold is (specifically see what the
voltage level is when you get the disconnect supervision)... It seems
that the X100P does not have as good a resolution on the battery
voltage as the modules have.

Anybody have any information about setting the voltage level for
battery loss on the X100P cards?

you will never be able to detect a hangup right before asterisk
answers the line, unless you have groundstart signaling, which is
doubtfull.  For that you still need the silence detection. I have mine
on 200 but it still hangsup on quiet people (which is ok, cause I can
barely hear them when they leave a voicemail)  :)