[Asterisk-Dev] Voicemail and silence detection

Matthew Butt mjb at tricycleinc.com
Wed May 25 07:56:08 MST 2005

Hi all,

After giving up trying to get the X100P cards to detect hangup I'm now
relying on silence detection in voicemail to hangup the call.

However, I'm having problems - I have 3 lines (BT Featurelines) into 3
X100P clones.  All cards are setup identically into a group.

Only one of the three lines is ever detecting silence.  I've listened to
all lines myself and there's a slight clicking on all three - but
nothing that would explain why asterisk will detect silence on one not
the other three.  I've tried increasing the silence threshold to 200 but
still no luck.  I'm running CVS HEAD.  Any ideas?

A few config sections that may help:

/etc/zaptel.conf:

loadzone=uk
defaultzone=uk
fxsks=1
fxsks=2
fxsks=3

zapata.conf:

[channels]
context=incoming-zap
signalling=fxs_ks
group=1
channel => 1-3

extensions.conf:

[incoming-zap]
exten => s,1,GotoIfTime(8:30-17:30|mon-fri|*|*?s,10)
exten => s,2,Goto(s,10)
exten => s,10,Dial(SIP/210&SIP/220&SIP/230,20,tr)
exten => s,11,Voicemail(su200)
exten => s,12,HangUp

Many thanks,

MattB