[Asterisk-Dev] T.38 pass-through / T.38 support

Matthew Simpson matthew at txlink.net
Mon May 30 07:44:36 MST 2005

>    For outbound faxing, customers who use the T38 ata get put into a
> special context that routes the calls to the 5300 with some prefix digits.
> The prefix digits match a dial peer in the 5300 to indicate fax/t38. The
> call then goes out to carrier as t38.
>
>    For incoming calls to those ATA's, we add that DID into a special
> routing group in our class 4/5 switch. That switch sends the call to the
> 5300 (which makes it a t38 SIP call and sends that to asterisk) instead of
> sending straight to Asterisk over PRI.

I see.  That won't work for me because I'm getting FGD originated traffic
over ISDN PRI in so there's no way for me to know via ANI whether it will be
a fax call or not.  If I could listen for the "fax beep" without signalling
answer supervision to the PRI and then redirect the call to the appropriate
Cisco, that would solve the issue.