[Asterisk-Dev] T.38 pass-through / T.38 support

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Sun May 29 22:04:18 MST 2005

> Matthew, how do you distinguish the fax calls without doing some kind of
> answer supervision ?  Or do you give out special "Fax numbers" that you
> route to the AS5300 ?

    For outbound faxing, customers who use the T38 ata get put into a
special context that routes the calls to the 5300 with some prefix digits.
The prefix digits match a dial peer in the 5300 to indicate fax/t38. The
call then goes out to carrier as t38.

    For incoming calls to those ATA's, we add that DID into a special
routing group in our class 4/5 switch. That switch sends the call to the
5300 (which makes it a t38 SIP call and sends that to asterisk) instead of
sending straight to Asterisk over PRI.

-Matthew