[Asterisk-Dev] Real Time Billing ??

Abdelkader ALLAM qoslab at gmail.com
Sun May 29 04:28:33 MST 2005

Hello,

I am wondering on how to implement real time billing in asterisk.

My aim is to be able to make some real time billing of  calls through
a specific application (radius billing server, database stuff.., or
anything) by implementing hooks in asterisk.

For example, imagine you have prepaid account for user A.

User A call B and is near to 0 balance. In most of the scripts I have
seen people use the autohangup command.

This workaround is ok for simple stuff but imagine you have a billing
account assigned to many users, when there is more than 1 call at the
same time autohangup workaround is inefficient.

Same case if the user call A and B at the same time.

Any idea on how to simply implement this without modifiyng too much
the asterisk code.

Thanks for your input.

Kader