[Asterisk-Dev] Incorrect behavior : address for SIP responses

Marius S lov2cod at gmail.com
Fri May 27 07:59:42 MST 2005

I am not very familiar with the SIP standards, however the behavior
you describe seems to be legit.

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3581.html

   When the client sends the request, if the request is sent using UDP,
   the client MUST be prepared to receive the response on the same IP
   address and port it used to populate the source IP address and source
   port of the request.  For backwards compatibility, the client MUST
   still be prepared to receive a response on the port indicated in the
   sent-by field of the topmost Via header field value, as specified in
   Section 18.1.1 of SIP [1].

Marius