[Asterisk-Dev] Incorrect behavior : address for SIP responses

Christian Cayeux Christian.Cayeux at alcatel.fr
Fri May 27 03:50:46 MST 2005

Hello all,

When receiving a SIP request, I've observed that asterisk SIP channel
returns responses to the address it was received from. For exemple, if a SIP
UA, name it A, sends an Invite from a port UDP:7777 to asterisk port
UDP:5060, then Asterisk replies a 100 Trying to A:7777! On so on for each
response.

But this behavior is not compliant to RFC3261 ( on my understanding :-) ) :
see section 18.2.2. Its says that (i understand that), when UDP is used and
unless specified in Via, the response must be sent to UDP:5060.

Has anyone an opinion on that? Is it already a known problem?

Thanks in advance for info.

Christian.