[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Dialplan syntax changes.. Option: work on a radically different design..

Derrick D. Daugherty derrick+asterisk at blinky-lights.org
Wed May 18 10:28:21 MST 2005

Cracks in my tinfoil beanie around Wed, May 18, 2005 at 04:18:48PM +0000
allowed Tony Mountifield <tony at softins.clara.co.uk> to seep these bits into my brain:

> PLEASE can we delay such radical changes until after 1.2 is out?
[snip]
> I think it was a great pity there wasn't a 1.2 "stable" branch made
> BEFORE getting into all this converting Apps to Functions stuff.

I whole-heartedly agree.  I would like to see an upstream branch of
before the function conversion started and only backport fixes to it.

I think the problem may be one of human hours.  If we did that Russell
would probably be left having to maintain two branches unless it's
decided to just stop 1.0, which I don't think would happen.  The work
load would be a little lighter if everyone that has bugfix patches would
submit them for all released branches.

^D