[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Dialplan syntax changes.. Option: work on a radically different design..

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed May 18 09:18:48 MST 2005

In article <428B53DD.5000002 at stevek.com>, Steve Kann <stevek at stevek.com> wrote:

> So, can it make sense to make the Dialplan look more like C?

I can see a lot of sense in it, BUT....

PLEASE can we delay such radical changes until after 1.2 is out?

It's about 6 months since the 1.0 branch, and there is a lot of cool
stuff in 1.2 that already needs to be used in production without the
code base being a perpetual moving target.

I think it was a great pity there wasn't a 1.2 "stable" branch made
BEFORE getting into all this converting Apps to Functions stuff.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield