[Asterisk-Dev] Dialplan syntax changes.. Option: work on a radically different design..

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed May 18 10:26:15 MST 2005

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 09:41, alex at pilosoft.com wrote:
> On Wed, 18 May 2005, Brian West wrote:
> > > So, can it make sense to make the Dialplan look more like C?
>
> Also, question this: If we are going to move toward perl-ish language
> for dialpan, do we need really dialplan? Would integrating, say,
> perlagi with asterisk in a way mod_perl (as in, no overhead) is
> integrated be able to replace dialplan altogether?

We are not going to commit to changing the dialplan this radically until
there is a working implementation.  Sorry, but I doubt most people want
to break their existing systems simply because you want to force
everybody into a new paradigm.

To misquote a popular movie, "Show Me The Code!".

--
Tilghman