[Asterisk-Dev] Loss of functionality with depreciation ofDBGet/Put?

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Tue May 17 09:02:52 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 10:04 -0500, Matthew Boehm wrote:
> /me raises hands and directs the chorus of angels to sing: Hallelujah!
>
> (geez..its only tuesday?)

While I agree that this is a great idea, I'm a little concerned about
communicating this to the Asterisk community at large -- Is there any
formal plan for how it's going to be handled?

As someone intimately involved with trying to create Asterisk
documentation, I'm having to rewrite major sections due to changes like
this and the recent Set() function variable changes.  Is it worth trying
to communicate some of these changes beforehand, so that we can get them
properly documented?  (Am I asking the impossible, as it seems the
majority of the developers don't give a flying flip about
documentation?)

-Jared