[Asterisk-Dev] Loss of functionality with depreciation of DBGet/Put?

Tue May 17 08:10:08 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 09:22 -0500, Russell Bryant wrote:
> Chris A. Icide wrote:
> >  >the other serious problem is that DBGet used to automatically jump to
> >  >prioriy n+101 if the entry didn't exist. Now I will do things like:
> >  >Set(temp=${DB(CFIM/200)})
> >  >which will set temp to "" instead of jumping to an error.
>
> We are deprecating all of the n+101 stuff.  You will need to use some
> other logic to jump on an error if that is what you want.

It is good to deprecate this 'yucky' stuff like n+101 etc, but if we are
changing it, then we should move to something better, with more
functionality/flexibility, not less.

IMHO, as has been proposed before, we need to provide some sort of
return code, similar to DIALSTATUS/etc... Then the dialplan can
determine the difference between NULL and "". So, until we can do that,
IMHO, the old functionality should (must) remain...

Just my 0.02c

PS, in case you care, I don't use/need that functionality of testing
NULL or "", but as stated, we shouldn't remove functionality

Regards,
Adam
Adam Goryachev
Website Managers