[Asterisk-Dev] Need help to get into the code

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Mon May 16 09:05:13 MST 2005

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

>On May 16, 2005 10:09 am, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>

>>We do not add comments for code that is self-explanatory, they are a
>>waste of time and extra maintenance because they have to be kept in sync
>>with the code.
>>

>Heh, Asterisk doesn't have comments in a LOT of the code, self-explanitory or
>not.  :-)

I have downloaded and studied good perl that had very few comments but
was very understandable. We all know that perl allows for some of the
wildest obfuscation. Does this code need comments:

set_mousepad_voltage(10000) ;
autodial("911",RETRIEVE_CORPSE_VMSG);

I have had to cleanup some code that I inherited before and first thing
I did was a lot of sed replacements to make the code more
self-explanatory. I don't know how I would go about this when multiple
developers are involved. I always did it by "freezing" it into my hands
only for a while.