[Asterisk-Dev] does NOT rtptimout work configrued localy for a peer ???

Mateusz Kmieć temausz at poczta.onet.pl
Mon May 16 02:36:11 MST 2005

Greetings,

Did anybody get working with rtptimout option set localy. (I tried with no results).
I mean not in [general] but with specific peer definition like this:

[myfax]
type=friend
Secret=avantage
username=xxx
host=xxx
fromuser=xxx
insecure=very
mailbox=xxx
rtptimeout=9000
nat=no
language=pl
disallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=alaw

Generally I need this to handle fax with spandsp.
I have UA -> PSTN Gateway -> Asterisk1 (general rtp timeout = 60) -> Asterisk2 (spandsp-rxfax)

Asterisk1 needs to have global rtptimout=60 in [general]  set for handling voice calls. But when call is made to a specific peer that handles fax (sip.conf: [myfax])
faxing is interrupted by Asterisk1 becouse rxfax seems not transmiting any rtp during reception of fax. So I want rtptimeout in [myfax] to overtide global setting

can anybody advise me how to solve this issue.

Mateusz