[Asterisk-Dev] chan_zap.c:4409 my_zt_write Major Probs

Russell Bryant russelb at clemson.edu
Wed May 11 20:13:32 MST 2005

Matthew Boehm wrote:
> I realize that this is suposed to be a "debug" level of warning but I just
> had someone make a call using a WiFi VoIP phone and my console got PLASTERED
> with these:

Yes, exactly.  It IS a debug level message.  It was changed to an error
by mistake.

> May 11 16:08:19 WARNING[30999]: chan_zap.c:4409 my_zt_write: Write
> returned -1 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on channel 11 - audio may
> have been lost

The conditions that make this message come up are not a sign of problems
with your Zap stuff.  It can happen when there is jitter on your
network, and given that you were using a WiFi phone, I'm sure that is
the case.  Also, note that the "audio may have been lost" part was a
part of the change to be a warning, not the original debug message.

Russell