[Asterisk-Dev] Dev call 1.2 release discussion

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Sun May 8 23:47:13 MST 2005

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 09:31:13AM +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> So, which will be faster to write autoconf patch or scons patch?

I think it will be faster to make one in autoconf, or make one in
scons, or make something yourself. Everything will be faster than
just talking and do nothing about it.

Give it a try, you will see that autoconf isn't as difficult as you
think. The biggest hurdle will be convincing somebody in the dev-team
(if they really exist, see my email about status-reports) to accept
it and the push it. But since there are way much more fun things
to do than fixing bugs and going through autoconf runs, don't hold
your breath.

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org