[Asterisk-Dev] Dev call 1.2 release discussion

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun May 8 23:31:13 MST 2005

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 12:27:44AM -0500, Steven wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 00:24 -0400, Travis wrote:
> > I do commend you for being selective of which packages to install, but
> > I was referring to availability to install python.  On all
> > distributions that I am aware of (which would encompass the ones the
> > vast majority that people would be installing on), python is readily
> > available.  There is no hindrance.
>
> While I think those who install asterisk on the linksys routers are a
> little odd, but I'm pretty sure that python isn't available there. Of
> course I'm pretty sure they aren't compiling on the linksys so it isn't
> as big of an issue.

This would be a build-time requirement (just like bison, or make), not a
runtime requirement.

(Not that I think that replacing make with scons is that grand an idea,
though)

So, which will be faster to write autoconf patch or scons patch?

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com