[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Manager Interface losing events

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun May 8 14:15:56 MST 2005

On Sunday 08 May 2005 09:39, Geoff Nordli wrote:
> > Geoff Nordli wrote:
> > >I am building application that sits on the management interface
> > > tracking all the events.
> > >
> > >Occasionally an event is misses which causes the application to
> > > get out of sync with what is happening on the Asterisk side.
> >
> >Daniel Pocock wrote:
> > I've seen this too.
>
> I am currently using the 1.0.7 stable.  Have any changes been made
> on HEAD that would solve this?

No, there haven't.  The main problem, I think, is that all messages
are written to the remote client with ast_careful_write, which
specifies a timeout and does not retry.  What probably needs to be
done is to create a new thread for each client (not each message,
as another poster suggested), which continually retries an output
buffer.

In addition, we should probably write it as a double buffer:  the
first for messages to be sent immediately, and the second for
messages that are sent while ->blocking is set (which is set during
all responses to an Action).  Currently, any event which is attempted
during a Response is simply dropped on the floor, instead of being
retried.

--
Tilghman