[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Manager Interface losing events

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Sun May 8 05:16:34 MST 2005

What are the manager.conf settings  for the logins you used for those two
connections? Did you use separate logins?

Do you see the eventual Hangup Event on that channel on both connections?

Currently in the astGUIclient package we use a somewhat similar approach
with one login listening for all sorts of events that have been produced by
other connections. And, yes sometimes not every event will show up, but
there is usually a pattern to it and a reason for it.

MATT---

Geoff Nordli wrote:

>I am building application that sits on the management interface tracking
all
>the events.
>
>Occasionally an event is misses which causes the application to get out of
>sync with what is happening on the Asterisk side.
>
>I had a discussion with Nicolás Gudiño and apparently he has noticed the
>same thing with the FOP.
>
>Has anyone else experienced problems with the management missing events?
If
>so is there any way we can ensure an application receives the event when it
>is connected?

I've seen this too.

I had two connections open, let's call them `A' and `B'. Connection `A'
I was just watching with telnet.  Connection `B' was an application.  I
would send a soft hangup on `B'.  The channel would hangup.  `A' would
receive an unlink event, but for some reason the unlink event didn't
appear on `B'.

Both connections were opened with the same credentials and the
application in question was based on Asterisk-java.