[Asterisk-Dev] 1.2 planning is beyond wishlist, isn't it?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sun May 8 03:57:32 MST 2005

Reading the discussion on 1.2, I am a bit confused.

As I see it, 1.2 will be based on current cvs, that we call 1.1.

If we are deciding to do a code freeze, there's no time for wishes that
does not exist as working patches in bugs.digium.com. I like reading the
wishlist, it's a lot of good stuff in there, but without code at this
point I don't see any of it going into 1.2 as a stable release.

Let's take the wishlist as ideas for a v1.3 development branch. It's
time to concentrate on getting the bugs and patches in bugs.digium.com
hashed out, tested, tested, tested, tested, tested.

Wishes that are ideas without code should be moved to 1.3, bountys
should be placed or contractors contracted so that we get code.

As I wasn't part of the conference call, I don't know what timeframes
where set - but I would like to see code freeze (no new functions added)
within six to eight weeks, then RC1 out within two months as a tarball
for tests.

We also need a status flag in bugs.digium.com for "After 1.2".

/Olle