[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Manager Interface losing events

Daniel Pocock daniel at readytechnology.co.uk
Sun May 8 03:16:31 MST 2005

Geoff Nordli wrote:

>I am building application that sits on the management interface tracking all
>the events.
>
>Occasionally an event is misses which causes the application to get out of
>sync with what is happening on the Asterisk side.
>
>I had a discussion with Nicolás Gudiño and apparently he has noticed the
>same thing with the FOP.
>
>Has anyone else experienced problems with the management missing events?  If
>so is there any way we can ensure an application receives the event when it
>is connected?

I've seen this too.

I had two connections open, let's call them `A' and `B'. Connection `A'
I was just watching with telnet.  Connection `B' was an application.  I
would send a soft hangup on `B'.  The channel would hangup.  `A' would
receive an unlink event, but for some reason the unlink event didn't
appear on `B'.

Both connections were opened with the same credentials and the
application in question was based on Asterisk-java.