[Asterisk-Dev] [Rant] [long] - code style and quality

John Birrell jb at cimlogic.com.au
Sat May 7 14:41:51 MST 2005

On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 08:34:12AM -0700, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 08:31:54PM +0800, Steve Underwood wrote:
> > By the way, the troll is the original poster, not me.
>
> Just for the records, the original poster (and Edwin probably knows
> that very well having lived on the FreeBSD lists for some time) may
> well be a troll, but in addition to that is a long time FreeBSD
> committer who has written several major components of FreeBSD
> including the ipfw2 firewall, the dummynet traffic shaper, the
> second incarnation of the audio driver, the polling architecture
> for network device drivers, bridging support, assorted device
> drivers, a relatively widely used FEC codec, and in the past couple
> of weeks since starting looking at asterisk has submitted a replacement
> chan_oss driver and a few other patches and bugfixes, some committed
> already, some still sitting in mantix, and one which was actually
> wrong (one cannot always be right...). So he is actually putting his
> money where his mouth is.

Also just for the record... As a FreeBSD developer too, I was pleased to
see Luigi post to the FreeBSD (private) developers mailing list about
sound issues and Asterisk. It was that discussion that prompted me to
try Asterisk for the first time and to lurk here on the lists.

I was surprised to see someone call Luigi a troll. In the FreeBSD
world, nobody would ever make that call.

--
John Birrell