[Asterisk-Dev] [Rant] [long] - code style and quality

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sat May 7 11:04:47 MST 2005

On May 7, 2005 09:27 am, Steve Underwood wrote:
> I find it interesting you specifically say "free software developers".
> Free software is usually much cleaner than commercial code. Free
> developer have pride driving them to do things. Commercial development
> stops the moment the cash does.

I specifically said free software developers because once the inspiration
stops, so does the code, and even if a commercial interest takes it, once
their "inspiration" (cash) stops, so does the development.

It takes continual interest and passion to maintain clean code, no matter what
the reasons for coding are.

> Real ideas are very precious things. Are you confusing them with empty
> talk?

I didn't think I was, but I'll admit the subject shifted during this
thread.  :-)

-A.