[Asterisk-Dev] Dev call 1.2 release discussion

Paul Cadach paul at odt.east.telecom.kz
Fri May 6 10:32:07 MST 2005

Hello "tezka",

Orehov Pasha wrote:
> > I would like to see in 1.2:
> > 1) working/stable h.323 stack - #3967 and other;
> > 2) configurable PRI functionality (facilities, IEs per individual connections, not per switch type) - no ticket
> > available but -dev list have reports;
> > 3) loadable language syntax modules (with russian support) - #3832 (russian support is pending);
> > 4) event-based MWI - #2980;
> > 5) T.38 support;
> > 6) unloading modules on shutdown (should help chan_h323 to unregister from Gatekeeper on Asterisk's shutdown) -
> > discussed long time ago in #asterisk-dev;
> > 7) internal timing for indications and moh without zaptel hardware.
> 5a T38 passthrough (I have many h323/sip devices which handles t38 by
> yourself and less need with t38 termination at asterisk)

IMHO 5 should be replaced by 5a until T38 integration with spandsp is ready.

> 8 common infrastructure for channel negotiation: VAD,jitter,echo,freq
> diff compensation for SYNC/terminal channels (such as alsa,zap,modem)

Could you explain deeply?

> and bypass of  packet flow on "transit" channels such as SIP,H323,IAX
> w/o mangling.

It's naming as "native bridging". SIP, H.323, MGCP, Skinny uses RTP for voice packet transmission and could be easily
bridged, but IAX have its own streaming technique and can't be natively bridged with RTP.

WBR,
Paul.