[Asterisk-Dev] Dev call 1.2 release discussion

Orehov Pasha asterisk at opa.nsib.ru
Fri May 6 08:38:42 MST 2005

Paul Cadach wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to see in 1.2:
> 1) working/stable h.323 stack - #3967 and other;
> 2) configurable PRI functionality (facilities, IEs per individual connections, not per switch type) - no ticket
> available but -dev list have reports;
> 3) loadable language syntax modules (with russian support) - #3832 (russian support is pending);
> 4) event-based MWI - #2980;
> 5) T.38 support;
> 6) unloading modules on shutdown (should help chan_h323 to unregister from Gatekeeper on Asterisk's shutdown) -
> discussed long time ago in #asterisk-dev;
> 7) internal timing for indications and moh without zaptel hardware.
5a T38 passthrough (I have many h323/sip devices which handles t38 by
yourself and less need with t38 termination at asterisk)

8 common infrastructure for channel negotiation: VAD,jitter,echo,freq
diff compensation for SYNC/terminal channels (such as alsa,zap,modem)
and bypass of  packet flow on "transit" channels such as SIP,H323,IAX
w/o mangling.